Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1861 times)

Offline snaps10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: New Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 08:15:39 PM »
Welcome to the site.

I see you have a set of Duros  on your machine.
Have you had it in the water with those yet?

Also noticed the direction they are mounted.  Have been wondering which way they would perform best.

Hi Craig,
I haven’t had it in any water that would float it yet. They didn’t seem to skid any different mounted forward or backward, so I figured they should swim a little better backward. Any swimming I do will be with a very light current, and never upstream, I can get out and drive back upstream if I need, so swimming is second to driving for me. I have run them at 5psi, 3.5, and currently at 2.5. No difference in skid between 2.5 and 3.5, but worlds more comfortable to ride. Haven’t gone any lower before the bearing disaster.

Welcome to the site and MAX atv's.  There is a wealth of knowledge here with plenty of friendly people. Ask away!   rofl
Neat photo. thanks

Jeff Bar

Thank you Jeff. That’s a proprietary species of Nectarine that was a natural hybrid discovered on our farm and cultivated by my father-in-law. Should be ready to pick in another week or so.  Nothing is better than the first batch of homemade nectarine ice-cream!

Offline Craig_B

• 6x6'er
  • 1983 Argo TB 8X8 and a 1963 Pengor Penguin
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:05:57 PM »
Welcome to the site.

I see you have a set of Duros  on your machine.
Have you had it in the water with those yet?

Also noticed the direction they are mounted.  Have been wondering which way they would perform best.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:12:26 PM »
Welcome member #200.  :)

Offline Argo8x8

• 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:22:27 PM »
Welcome to the site and MAX atv's.  There is a wealth of knowledge here with plenty of friendly people. Ask away!   rofl
Neat photo. thanks

Jeff Bar

Offline snaps10

• 6x6'er
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 04:39:10 PM »
Hi, new here.

I live on a stone fruit farm in Central California withmy wife, 5 kids, 2 dogs, 4 goats, 3-5 cats (fluctuates as the coyotes are feeding) and 50ish chickens.
Got a maxII a year or so ago. Let it sit for a bit while getting settled into my new house/shop/farm (had been sitting for years before that.)

Just getting going on getting it running and driving (and breaking)

My max is used mostly for farm chores, pulling a vineyard trailer, and will be used for duck hunting the local river this season.

Please bear with all of my questions, im sure there will be a ton.
Heres my daughter giving a friend a tour of the farm. Shortly below blowing a bearing seal on the one axle i didnt grease after running out in my gun. Of course, a middle wheel