Author Topic: Thoughts on Argo Conquest Lineman Hauling 2000 pounds up 18% slope?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Msafi65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Re: Thoughts on Argo Conquest Lineman Hauling 2000 pounds up 18% slope?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 06:24:28 PM »
Where are you located at?  Do you have to haul 2000 lbs per trip? I move a lot of material with a tracked trailer. Just make sure the tow vehicle is a lot heavier than the trailer.  Contact me sometime. 907-388-8582.

Offline AlaskanWannabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New 6x6'er
Thoughts on Argo Conquest Lineman Hauling 2000 pounds up 18% slope?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »
We are considering an Argo Conquest Lineman with tracks but we haven't seen any data from the dealer to suggest it can haul 2000 pounds up our 18% mucky/snowy slope portion and that's a lot of money for a guess (dealer is asking nearly 50K for a used one with 12 hours on it).  Dealer said it was a commercial grade vehicle and suggested the recreational versions while less expensive have plastic bodies (I'm not sure that's a bad thing) rather than steel and don't have the frame to haul 2000 pounds for as many trips as we're planning to do it (lots).

The dealer wasn't able to supply any tech or testing data to confirm the Lineman would haul 2000 pounds up our 18% slope that is often mucky and/or snowy here in Alaska.  So the wife and I would love to get your inputs on the feasibility of doing this haul regularly.

Attached is a 3d model of the actual slope we're trying to conquer taken from our drone.  We are hoping to be able to haul the 2000 pounds year round up this through the muck and snow.  Can the Argo Conquest Lineman do this?  If not, can you recommend a machine that can?  Many thanks in advance!