Author Topic: Letís talk bearings  (Read 120 times)

Offline snaps10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: Letís talk bearings
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »
3 bearings on the way. Figured since I have to pull the chains I may as well replace the front and rear. Pulling the body will give me the excuse to drop my fuel tank in the rear and cut out the rear part of the tub. One day Iíll actually drive it more than work on it Iím sure.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 07:15:28 PM »
Haven't had to change a bearing but maybe 2 times on any of our machines. Other than my Max, I can't remember the other one.  :-\ But even springered, they have to be changed the same way.  :) Having a slidehammer helps a BUNCH.  ;D

Offline snaps10

• 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 12:57:45 PM »
I donít know if I want to watch that video. It will just give me even more springer envy!!!!

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 09:01:50 PM »
Your daughter is going to be a big help finding the bugs. A lot of people might hear a squeak & just let it go, but she brought it to your attention.  :)  This video should help you. Since you have to change one, check them all. There may be more going bad other than the obvious one. When it comes to bearings, you get what you pay for.
Yes, the chain has to be taken off.

Offline snaps10

• 6x6'er
Letís talk bearings
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:19:30 PM »
My daughter came up to me shortly after taking off for a drive on the farm and said the maxII was squeaking. I went out to check and discovered this.

Iíve dreaded changing out bearings or axles, guess now is the time. Is there any bearings recommended over others? 

Whatís the easiest way for the middle bearings?  Iíve noticed none of the how-to videos mention chain removal, am I to leave the chains on while removing the axles?