Author Topic: Vanguard upgrades  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Dw89xj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full 6x6'er
Re: Vanguard upgrades
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 08:52:10 PM »
So I decided to put the vanguard in my wife's just to get both machines going. Her bearings seem okay needs chains and I gave to check out what's going on in the front right whether broken chain or sprocket bolt. I'm just going to find another block or engine to start with for the big foot, maybe I can luck into a Kawi 27 horse or something. But for the time being is there anything worth doing to the opposed Briggs to wake it up some since I'm going to be resealing it anyway? Maybe I should just do an ol switcherooney and "let" her run the oppy? rofl
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 08:54:20 PM by Dw89xj »
Dan

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 03:59:41 PM »
As far as I am aware of as long as the racing belts hold you in you can race, as long as all the other requirements are met.  You may need at least a 5 point harness so you don't slide down.

At the 6x6 event at Pine Lake there is a powder puff race if they have enough entries.  They also have had women run the other race classes.

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 11:55:28 AM »
I got a line in another vanguard block, maybe I should try and get the ol lady into racing? I'm too fat to be fast and not sure on the rules or if it would even be safe for me but she has full use of her legs and she can drive, don't tell her I said that her head will swell up lol.
Dan

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 09:43:35 PM »
dont forget to remove the exhaust restrictors....

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »
You will have a few more ponies to play with so you may want to put it in your machine unless you have bigger plans for it.

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 06:24:11 PM »
Sounds like you will be removing the governor so give the heads, valves, and springs a good looking at also.
Sending heads to my buddy so they're equal, I don't mind doing the chonda singles but he has the tooling to cc them and make them flow the same, pricey but you only live once right? Lol
Dan

Offline ascaw

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 08:08:09 AM »
Sounds like you will be removing the governor so give the heads, valves, and springs a good looking at also.

Offline Dw89xj

• Full 6x6'er
Vanguard upgrades
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 07:01:23 AM »
I am working on a deal in an 18 horse vanguard v twin. Are there any must dos or just freshen it up and run it? Currently it needs a new oil filter adapter/housing, at minimum. It's getting opened up anyway just to check things out. I'm figuring bullet rods and piston set, rev kit, arc flywheel. Does that pretty much cover it to keep it reliable and performing well for use in a hustler? I can't decide whether to run it In The Bigfoot or let my wife have it for her 960....
Dan