General Category > ARGO: Talk pertaining to Argo ATV

argo FD620D engine issues

(1/2) > >>

tjscott3:
yeah its a 620cc V twin. the two ignition coils look identical to motorcycle coils and bolt directly to the head of the engine so will be seeing some serious heat once the engines up to temp.
ill give the tester a shot in the next couple of days

WFO:
I Suppose its a twin cylinder right ?. I am not sure the make up of that engine but if it has an external bolt on coil then a motorcycle one should work. try using a spark tester in line of the coil wire or wires and see if it looses spark or intensity when hot.

tjscott3:
ive checked the cap and were all good there. fuel is definitely reaching the end of the hose. the engines liquid cooled so no tins around it like on the older koehler engines. ill have a go at checking the spark when its hot, it was okay for about half an hour of intermittent driving yesterday before it was acting up again. the coils are seeming a bit awkward to get ahold of in the UK. but ive got a few good coils off of motorbikes around. i dont suppose anyone would know if these would work okay?

WFO:
make sure your gas cap is not plugged causing fuel to not flow, 101 . then try checking that spark when its hot. may need a stater & or coils.

Dw89xj:
I think I replied to your question on the other site. But if pull your engine tins to be sure there's no mice nests or blockages otherwise restricting air flow if that's all clear I'd move on to the coil. I might be wrong but you verified it runs until it gets hot then possibly gets vapor lock or the coil quits

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with 6x6Talk Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version