Author Topic: MAX II Stuck  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Craig_B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
  • 1983 Argo TB 8X8 and a 1963 Pengor Penguin
Re: MAX II Stuck
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 09:18:53 AM »
well I took the max out for a good ride on a stream bed behind my brothers house in VA and man I got stuck bad, I hit a spot that was pure sand and water, I was stuffing old logs and stuff under the tires and nothing, Finally had my sister in law work the controls and I was on the outside pushing and shacking the crap out of it and got it unstock. got high centered and nothing, took me a good 20/30 min to get unstuck. My next mod I need to do is a winch for sure..would have been easy peezy to get out if I had a winch.
but a stuck day with the max is better than no day with the max...... banana

A winch off road is a must!

When i used to off road with my 4x4 truck which was extremely capable there where still times when the only option was to winch out.
Even when out with a group of vehicles a winch is a lifesaver but definitely when out alone.

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:13:24 PM »
Get a Sanford anchor or a cheaper same style anchor and attach it to a rope throw it out and hook to your winch. Most of the time it works for me.

Offline monkstr6100

• 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 03:56:38 AM »
These things sure do go through a lot, but once they are stuck, they ARE STUCK! Got stuck bad one time with just me and my 4 year old. High centered in bottomless muck/lake bed. My winch needs to be run by a nob right on the winch. So standing kinda in front of it running the winch and at the same time leaning over the "hood" to run the throttle. Had full winch line and about 60' of rope (that was questionable load rating) out to make it work.

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
MAX II Stuck
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:34:45 PM »
well I took the max out for a good ride on a stream bed behind my brothers house in VA and man I got stuck bad, I hit a spot that was pure sand and water, I was stuffing old logs and stuff under the tires and nothing, Finally had my sister in law work the controls and I was on the outside pushing and shacking the crap out of it and got it unstock. got high centered and nothing, took me a good 20/30 min to get unstuck. My next mod I need to do is a winch for sure..would have been easy peezy to get out if I had a winch.
but a stuck day with the max is better than no day with the max...... banana