Author Topic: Working up interest to develop a new race class  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Jerseybigfoot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
Re: Working up interest to develop a new race class
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 02:19:45 PM »
I'm Scheduling to have the rig ready for the 50th Pine Lake Anniversary.  Will post the build as i acquire the parts.

Offline Dozer

• 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »
I  too will not be building a machine live just too far away but will follow this thread or anyones build. Dave  fls

Offline dexter2011

• 6x6'er
    • West Branch CBI
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 08:20:10 AM »
I am interested in following this class but I am absolutely at garage capacity with 6 wheelers. I can't build another.  :-\

I'm with you there George!  I would also need another truck and trailer! 

Offline George

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 05:55:36 AM »
I am interested in following this class but I am absolutely at garage capacity with 6 wheelers. I can't build another.  :-\

Offline Jerseybigfoot

• 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 08:46:28 PM »
Im pretty convinced i can build a competitive shifter. Currently I introduced a competitive clone engine powered Hustler into "A" Stock against 2 stroke singles that include pipes and unlimited engine mods. In A stock we had (4) four stroke singles and about as many 2 strokes for the Pine Lake race. The clones and 2 strokes finish in almost alternate places with the clones taking first and third.  The NEEDT series also  has about as many 2 strokes as clones with the under 500cc clones keeping up or beating the up to 300 cc 2 stroke air cooled. 
Obviously racing a shifter against a sled engine raises the level of complexity and may draw some interest. 

Offline ascaw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 07:03:10 PM »
I'm not sure how easy it will be to start a new class of cars without building one and proving how well it works and how good/fun/increased skill level it is.  If you built a 4 stroke on a budget that could go out and hang with and beat the 2 strokes consistently then you may have a better chance of getting others attention.  Like anything else, you will have to go out and prove your idea works.  The 6x6 scene is small and there are not a lot of people looking to join it.  Unfortunately the heyday for 6x6 racing has long passed and it is more of a novelty today.  You need to look no further than last year when some 6x6 races were canceled at the race events.  That's a sad thing to say because I think the 6x6's are a lot more fun to watch than the other ATV's.  As for alternate solutions, I am not sure if you are referring to engines, new or different classes, trying to get new participants onto the track or all of the above.  I don't have great answers to any of those.  Good luck with your idea and your build.

Offline Jerseybigfoot

• 6x6'er
Working up interest to develop a new race class
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 09:14:21 PM »
Looking to campaign a new racer next year in order to set a new level of skill other than going the HP route.
Engine displacements are currently limited to 600 cc 2 stroke liquids with possible hp over 100 make it pretty interesting racing but limits the opportunity for those preferring 4 strokes on a budget.
Ninja 500 cc engines appear to be plentiful and cheap put out reasonable HP and upgrade-able.  Looking for suggestions on alternate solutions