Author Topic: Live Chat Box  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Delduck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
Re: Live Chat Box
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 10:39:39 PM »
Wedge thanks a lot I'm going to work on removing them tomorrow.

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 09:20:18 PM »
OH NO BROTHER ! Don't cut them !  :-[
just back the Idler sprocket off and find the Master Link . Pop it off and unwrap the chain off .
Save it incase you take the tracks off. The Only Track you can run on a MAX with all 6 chains on are the Old Plastic one's as thy let the tire slip to keep in time.
Also with tracks you can run a little more air pressure.
You try this and let me know how it feels and works. I think we may have just fixed you Open wallet problem  >:D
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 09:14:30 PM »
We'll my northern freind I totally trust your opinion that is why I'm here not over there. Is there a easy way or do I just have to find the master link. I'd hate to just cut them off. I may be able to use them on the middle or rear later.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 09:03:53 PM »
Ok I wont. That way you can keep the parts flow going !!
Here is the Deal.
When you run Tracks on a MAX 4 You NEED to REMOVE the front Chains !! Some say You Don't But anyone who has gone through the same parts KNOW you need to. Here is why. The Max will FLEX and the tracks will WRAP up and set your Wheel Timing off.
This in turns put ALOT of extra Stress and so on on you drive line and tranny.
You Don't NEED all six wheels pulling with tracks. Just look at an Army Tank ! It Only drive from the rear.
I will Bet you if you do this not only will you Stop busting parts BUT it will rune Faster and Smoother !!
I would not steer you wrong that is for sure ! But as I said Some say you don't have to BUT I have seen these same Problems on them Before removing the front drive chains  ;)
Sorry Bud !

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »
This is the max and Morooka

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 08:53:20 PM »
All chains are on.  Wedge don't do it to me please Don't tell me to remove the fronts 😂  hilarious

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 08:44:12 PM »
OK THEN ! I must ask Did you REMOVE the FRONT Drive chain's ?
Or are you running ALL 6 chains as you would without tracks ??

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »
I'm running tracks. I've tried every tire before purchasing the tracks none worked we got stuck EVERY time. Now I'm trying to get the same tracks for the max 2. The Adair and tracks that have space butween the grousers don't give me enough ground pressure the mud goes threw them and we get stuck. I'm going to try to post a picture.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 08:37:04 PM »
Are you running the Bigger wheel and tire combo on it ?
I just finished a Max 4 for a customer and must say working on them dose get to be a PAIN ! As who ever put the engine over the tranny should work for GM & FORD ! LOL!!
Are you running Tracks also ?
Thy tend to be hard on the drive line !

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 08:28:24 PM »
It's a 2000 max4 18 hp acted stupid when starting so I replaced it with a 23 vanguard, new comet clutch, 2 new axles in the rear, T20 trans rebuilt twice first time two bands broke. Second time one plunger seal was bad so we saw one band that wasn't as clean as the others so we replaced it, while the trans was broke apart, 1 linkage for the t 20 trans last week, 2 sprockets, all the chains, I'm on my 3rd belt 2 of which were my stupidity. 1 too tight the other the reeds left in the machine cut it. 2 batteries. But now I took the advice from the forum and put a switch at the battery. I support Richards parts a lot Mike hears my voice and says hey bob what can we get for ya. I'm trying to talk him into just setting up a account. It would be easier.  LOL.    Still love what the machine does nothing else has touched it, I just wish I could get 12 inches more ground clearance.    I think that's it.  And yes it's still less than a new one, which I think we would still break.   Open to all ideas

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 07:57:44 PM »
How old of a Machine are you running ?
And what are you braking on it ??

Offline Delduck

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 07:42:45 PM »
Thank you very much phelpsy for posting the video. If your ever over this way look me up I owe you dinner. This phragmitis is a invasive plant around this area so we run it over starting in late august all the way till march then in may when it starts regrowing we TRY to spray it to kill it. Then we replant Millie's in place of it for waterfowl. This stuff grows 10-14 ft high and usually there are 100- 140 stalks per sq ft. When it's green it will bend and bounce back up. We used to drag a 15 ft telephone pole threw it and when you look back at the pole it's coming threw on top of the phrag. That's why we do most of this in the winter when it's cold and breaks easier. It takes 2 years for the matted down stuff to break down. Since we started using the max machines, were able to go much further out. The machines are great but so far we've broke almost everything ( that was original ) within 10-15 hrs. And they NEVER break on dry ground. Today I pulled one 1/8 mile threw the swamp with 600 ft of cable and the other machine. The hard part is carrying the cabl in knee deep mud. But with all that complaining the machines are great when there not braking down.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 06:53:50 PM »
WFO, I hate to say this, but that might be downright brilliant.

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:11:53 PM »
ok got the answer. think outside your box...... it looks to me you are just smoothing out the grass is that right...
if so take a 3/4 tube and build a bumper that attaches to the front and set it low enough and at least 3 foot out in front of vehicle
so you smoothing it out before you get their. does the help
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline Phelpsy69er

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 09:58:09 PM »

Trying to help you out delduck,I'm not tech savvy either. And what do you,do with this grass??
phelpsy69er