Author Topic: Running with choke on  (Read 1666 times)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
Re: Running with choke on
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »
Great
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline garretttpe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »
FIXED, she purrs like a kitten now, 980 RPM at idle, took it for a little ride...Happy Camper banana banana

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 07:56:08 AM »
Looks good ! I need to get one of those !

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 06:34:35 AM »
After an hr in the ultrasonic cleaner, 50 percent Pin Sol and water, works great, maybe I can get it back together and running today

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 07:25:52 PM »
Thanks Msafi65
I will replace that along with putting the carb in my ultrasonic cleaner, and new fuel filters, attached are a couple of pics of the inside, kinda hard to see but the bottom has a bunch of crude in it, looks like Vaseline, I am assuming it is from the crap ethanol my brother put in it a few months ago and then it just sat with out running.

Offline Msafi65

• Full 6x6'er
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 12:51:46 PM »
Replace the hose from the pump to the carb. It’s junk and sheds from the inside. You probably won’t even see the trash in the jet.

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 07:31:56 AM »
Thanks wedge, Will try in the next couple of days if time permits and will let you know, worst case I guess is I tear it all down and put it in my ultrasonic cleaner.. It sucks that crap would be in there, I put two filters on it to prevent this...

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »
Take the top off the carb and the screw on the side near the Jet. There is Trash in there ! You E tube will choke up Fast !

Offline garretttpe

• Sr. 6x6'er
Running with choke on
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 07:51:03 PM »
Hi Guys
18hp Vanguard, as most of you all know I moved to va last fall, my Max was running perfect, started great, idled great, response was great, no issues at all. and it was always garage kept and only used non ethanol gas,  It was parked at my brothers house for 2 months outside, than I brought it to my new house in Jan (ran like crap getting on trailer) and it has been in my garage ever since.

Today I had some time and it started right up but it will only run when 3/4 choked and a 1/3 and above throttle, I figured I would remove the carb and give it a good cleaning, I have 2 fuel filters on it and neither one of them have fuel in it. I figured maybe a fuel issue and not a jet issue. I disconnected the fuel line from the vacum pump and put the end in a can and fuel flowed freely out ( plenty of gas in the tank). installed the fuel line and it started right up but will only run with 3/4 choke and RPM at or above 2k...

I am second guessing myself and torn between a jet issue or a supply issue, Any suggestions would be great.