Author Topic: Mystery machine???  (Read 11458 times)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Master 6x6'er
  • Run it like a Big Block !
Re: Mystery machine???
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »
Along with other items as I understand ?  8)
3= Amphicat. 1= StarCraft. 1= Max 2= Attex  And Counting

Offline AndyL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 6x6'er
    • Andrew Lapp - Concert Pianist
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2017, 08:16:18 PM »
Andy, I don't think you're getting this. The molds were never returned to date. Where are they?

We all knew where they were & now we know where they are not.

Oh I was not aware that MXI to this date still has not received the molds.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2017, 07:50:26 PM »
Andy, I don't think you're getting this. The molds were never returned to date. Where are they?

We all knew where they were & now we know where they are not.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:56:17 PM by Model Citizen »

Offline AndyL

• 6x6'er
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »
Hopefully someone can talk MXI into holding onto the molds and not destroy them.

If they had them, of course, they would probably hold on to them, even if they did not intend to use them. You yourself even mentioned/know how expensive they are. Unfortunately, they may be hiding under somebody's bed. Ya, a judge might buy that?  I lost them good. hmmmmm.

Yeah they can be very expensive to say the least. I'm going to be optimistic though as unlike all other AATV's that stopped producing their machines, Max has been around for almost 50 years, so maybe there's more of an incentive to keep the old molds.

Offline Model Citizen

• Sr. 6x6'er
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2017, 06:44:45 PM »
Hopefully someone can talk MXI into holding onto the molds and not destroy them.

If they had them, of course, they would probably hold on to them, even if they did not intend to use them. You yourself even mentioned/know how expensive they are. Unfortunately, they may be hiding under somebody's bed. Ya, a judge might buy that?  I lost them good. hmmmmm.

Offline WFO

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Master 6x6'er
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »
WAIT A MINUTE.
"94" MAX IV SPRINGER & ULTIMATE BEARINGS
BE JUDGED BY YOUR CHARACTER

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2017, 04:58:45 PM »
 popcorn

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »
 iagree

Offline Egoperf

• 6x6'er
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2017, 04:50:03 PM »
Kind of make you wonder what ever happen to all the Molds and tooling from the 30 or so Manufactures ?
I Know Amphiman has the Molds to make Amphicat bodies and Richard has the Hustler inventory left over .
But where are the rest of them ??
Would be nice to rebuild some of the older body machines with new update drive line's !!

I've been chasing after Attex and Hustler molds for years... Supposedly, Attex molds are gone other than the lower body reproduction mold that Matt O made. I know Richard Clark had the Hustler molds at one time, but supposedly there was a collector that bought them from him years ago (I remember when he was thinking of remaking hustler bodies with the molds after acquiring left over NOS inventory).

Kind of on a different subject, I'm curious as to what will happen to the Max II, Max IV, and Buffalo molds as those models are being retired by MXI. It would be a shame to have those destroyed as they can produce replacement bodies in the future...and given that there are so many Max's out there. I did hear that MXI was not even interested in acquiring the left over poly bodies for new Max's that Mudd-Ox had on the shelf as they are retiring the models as we know anyway.

it's unclear what happened to the molds for the max line.  Maybe Matt O. Would  like to chime in and let us know after all he is the last known holder of them. How about it Matt

Offline AndyL

• 6x6'er
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2017, 04:09:08 PM »
Ill let you handle this MODEL CITIZEN

Oh boy lol I didn't intend to start anything else here! I just hope nothing gets destroyed or scrapped.

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2017, 12:55:19 PM »
Ill let you handle this MODEL CITIZEN

Offline AndyL

• 6x6'er
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »
Kind of make you wonder what ever happen to all the Molds and tooling from the 30 or so Manufactures ?
I Know Amphiman has the Molds to make Amphicat bodies and Richard has the Hustler inventory left over .
Would be nice to rebuild some of the older body machines with new update drive line's !!

I've been chasing after Attex and Hustler molds for years... Supposedly, Attex molds are gone other than the lower body reproduction mold that Matt O made. I know Richard Clark had the Hustler molds at one time, but supposedly there was a collector that bought them from him years ago (I remember when he was thinking of remaking hustler bodies with the molds after acquiring left over NOS inventory).

Kind of on a different subject, I'm curious as to what will happen to the Max II, Max IV, and Buffalo molds as those models are being retired by MXI. It would be a shame to have those destroyed as they can produce replacement bodies in the future...and given that there are so many Max's out there. I did hear that MXI was not even interested in acquiring the left over poly bodies for new Max's that Mudd-Ox had on the shelf as they are retiring the models as we know anyway.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2017, 11:32:28 AM »
That's just SAD !  :'(

Offline WFO

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »
 if they haven't been found by now they probably never will. dump, warehouse who knows.

Offline wedge

• Master 6x6'er
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »